Finally Is An Investment Administration Platform For Investors And Corporations To Create And Manage Their Venture Capital, Private Equity, & Public Equity Investments
Private Labeled Investor Portal
• Customized URL
• Your Logo & Brand Colors
• Robust Mobile & Desktop Platform
• Dynamic Investor Registration
• Showcase Investment Opportunities
• Collect Investor Commitments
• Receive Signed Subscription Docs
• Investors Can Send Wires & Receive Distributions From Within The Platform
• E-mail & Share Portfolio Updates
• Download Signed Docs & Tax Docs
• Show Performance Metrics
Legal Entity Formation & Investment Docs
• Creation & Maintenance Of Legal Entities (Company Entities, Fund Entities, GP Entities, Management Co. Entities)
• Investment Docs: Use Finally's Standard Doc Templates Or Customize Docs (Master Series LLC, Single Asset/Multi-Asset SPVs, Term Sheets, Traditional Funds, Fund-of-Funds, SAFEs, Convertible Notes, Preferred Equity, etc.)
A Dedicated Client Manager
• Manages The Entire Deal & Fund Process With You From Beginning To End
• Setup & On-Boarding Process
• Bookkeeping / Reconsiling Across Subscription Docs, Wires Received, & The Investor Portal
• Accounting & Audit: Monthly, Quarterly, & Annual As Requested
• K1s Processed & Distributed Per Investor
KYC & AML
• Quickly Process KYC/AML Checks
• Choose One Of Our Preferred Banking Partners For Receiving & Sending Wires In The U.S. or Internationally
• Able To All Currencies & Crypto
• Or Choose Your Own Bank
• Finally has lawyers that specialize is venture capital, private equity, and public equities
• Create or review legal entities, term sheets, and investment docs
How Is Finally Fund Admin Different From Other Investment Administration Platforms?
• Core Mission: Finally provides a de-risked and innovative approach to investment administration, is cost effective, & increases the happiness for fund managers, companies, and investors by delivering great service. Finally was founded by top tier fund managers with 70+ years of investment experience who have used many other investment admin service providers over the years and after being disappointed with the quality of service and available solutions in the market decided to build an innovative solution that solved the key challenges they experienced within the industry.
•Better Pricing: Use Finally's pricing calculators below to get accurate and transparent pricing for your investment admin costs. Finally offers competitive and dynamic pricing based on total capital, number of investors, and number of investments.
Bookkeeping: Tracking across bank accounts, subscription docs, and investor portal
Sending wires and distributions
Taxes & K1s
Winding down entities
• Additional Services:
Use Finally's Master Series LLC (Master Fund I LLC) to save on operating costs or use a Custom Master Series LLC
Have Finally sign docs & wire on behalf of fund managers to save time and money on operations
Have Finally collect portfolio quarterly updates: Financials, Operational Bullets, Cap Tables, etc.
• Dedicated Client Manager Support: You will have an assigned and dedicated Client Manager to work with from begining to end for each investment and fund entity. They will support you with:
The on boarding process
Getting the private labeled investor portal setup
Provide bookkeping and reconsiliation between signed docs, wires received, and investor portal data points
Coordinating with Finally's tax/accounting team to make sure K1s and financial statements are completed correctly and on time
Sending wires and distributions
Helping to respond to questions and requests from your investors
• A Private Labeled Investor Portal: Each fund manager and company gets their own private labeled branded investor portal. Enjoy the benefits of using one of the most feature rich and robust investor portals on the market. Using the investor portal your investors are able to submit the amount they want to invest per deal or fund, sign their subscription docs, and wire from within the platform or by using wire instructions. The investor portal is also used for sharing portfolio updates with investors, tracking all investments made (total contributions vs. distributions), and key customized metrics (ARR, IRR, TVPI, MOIC, etc.). Note: While clients can use Finally's investor portal (recommended), Finally can also manage a client's existing investor portal platform or use a lower cost and simpler option such as Box.com.
• Banking: Finally has preferred banking partners for U.S., international, and crypto funds. You as the fund manager will always have a direct relationship with the banking partner and control over the bank account.
• A Sustainable Business Model: Finally has one of the most sustainable business models in the industry. Finally's business model is simple, as it's a cost + margin business model. Finally cost to clients is the actual total cost of doing investment admin plus a ~15% profit margin so we can continue to provide great service at a great price. You don't have to worry about Finally going out of business and having to transfer to another investment admin solution provider in the future.
Finally An Investment Admin Solution Where:
• Docs Are Signed On-Time
• Wires Are Sent On-Time
• K1s Are Completed On-Time
• Portfolio Updates Are Provided On-Time
• Your Investors Receive Timely Responses To Their Questions
• Your Investors Have Transparency On Investments Made & Their Performance
• It's At An Affordable Price That Doesn't Sacrifice The Quality Of Experience For You & Your Investors
The Top 4 Cautions When Selecting Your Investment Administrator
• Caution #1: Pre-Paying For Multiple Years For Service
The investment admin industry has felt the negative effects of pre-paying for multiple years for investment admin services that were then never delivered because either the portfolio company had an early exit, was wound down, or the investment administrator went out of business. With Finally you will only pay for the services you receive with our annual pricing model.
• Caution #2: Going After The Lowest Price
If you are searching for the lowest price in the investment admin industry and you find a lower cost service provider than Finally, it will only be because:
The service provider does not provide all of the investment admin services that you will still need to pay for, so in the end the price will be the same once included.
The service provider is not including all of your costs in their price quote, as they will segment out "other costs", often with a "*" or as a small footnote, to appear cheaper, but once you include all of the costs that you will have you will find that the total cost to be the same or higher compared to Finally. The service provider has an unsustainable business model and they will eventually provide terrible service and go out of business unless they continue burn venture capital dollars to keep themselves alive. You will then have to spend additional time and money to transfer to a new investment administrator in the future once you become so annoyed that they don't effecticely deliver their services or after they go out of business.
The service provider only provides a technology investor portal platform, and does not provide investment admin services. Having an Investor Portal is only one small part of doing investment administration, and in fact in you can investment administration without an investor portal. The vast majority of investment administration is human services oriented, so either you will have to do it yourself (which is complicated, not fun, and time consuming) or have a service provider like Finally do it for you. Investor portals are just investor portals and they don't actually do the investment admistration that is needed to be done. They don't provide a dedicated client manager which is necessary for managing the creation of legal entities, creating SPV/fund docs, tracking and signing subscription docs, wires to/from investors and portfolio companies, maintaining bookkeeping/reconsiliation, accounting, getting K1s done on time, and responding to admin requests from your investors.
• Caution #3: Banking
Some investment admin service providers don't provide a direct relationship to your banking provider, leaving many fund managers and companies unable to access or control their bank accounts. This is especially challenging and freustrating if your investment administrator goes out of business.
• Caution #4: Tax & Accounting
As fund manager ourselves we have had previous painful experiences using other investment admin service providers which is why created Finally. Tax and Accounting is where most investment admins dropped the ball. We created Finally by identifying these core challenges that other service providers had and decided to create a new solution for the investment admin industry.
Scale: The service provider did not have a scalable solution for providing tax and accounting services because they used a small in-house tax/accounting team. While the number of customers grew, the internal tax/accounting team never scaled, and as a result the delivery of services became weak, late, or non-existent. Finally has designed a scalable business model that scales with customer growth and uses an expert U.S. based tax/accounting partner.
Communication: As a client you were unable to speak with the specific person who did your tax/accounting. With Finally, you can speak with the specific person that did your tax/accounting.
Late K1s: The biggest reason for K1s being late is that information was not collected in advance and all of the work was being done during tax season. Finally has developed an innovative process to ensure all information is collected and tracked in advance to provide a more seamless K1s processing experience.